Since the development of the SR4S programme, more than 2,000 people have been trained on the tool, which harnesses the power of the iRAP Star Rating for Pedestrians to measure the risk children are exposed to on a journey to school.
The courses are for those who want to understand and perform SR4S assessments. They are suitable for technical officers, engineers and road safety advocates. Experience in data collection and analysis is recommended but not mandatory.
The curriculum includes:
- Introduction to iRAP and assessment methodology.
- Background of SR4S and programme overview.
- Introduction to road attribute coding.
- How to report assessments and projects.
- The practical survey, coding, and Star Rating for Schools activities.
A certificate will be granted upon successful completion of the entire course and requested assignments.